Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Available in: SG | MY | HK | VN | UG
June 2008 Exams Enrolment
Ho Chi Minh City: Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City: Level 2
Hanoi: Level 1
Hanoi: Level 2
December 2008 Exams Enrolment
Ho Chi Minh City: Level 1
Hanoi: Level 1
Jun 2008 Exams >>
Dec 2008 Exams >>
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA® ) Charter is a globally recognised standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts. It is administered and awarded by the CFA Institute. Its curriculum develops and reinforces a fundamental knowledge of investment principles. Three levels of examination measure the CFA candidate's ability to apply these principles at a professional level. The CFA® examination is held in more than seventy countries worldwide.
First awarded in 1963, the CFA® charter has become the designation of professional excellence within the global investment community. Around the world, employers and investors recognise the CFA® designation as the definitive standard for measuring competence and integrity within the profession of investment management. Those who earn the right to use the CFA® charter demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning that is essential to providing the high-quality service that today's investment industry demands.
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charter is a globally recognised standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts.
Applicants pay an initial registration fee upon entering the CFA® Program. In addition to the initial registration fee, applicants are required to pay an enrollment fee for each CFA examination. New CFA registrants pay both the registration and enrollment fees. Returning CFA candidates pay only the enrollment fee. There is no longer a seven year limit on exam registration.
* A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
* Complete, sign, and return the Registration & Enrollment Form for the current year; together with the required fees;
* Complete, sign, and return a Professional Conduct Inquiry and Candidate Responsibility Statement
The CFA® Programme is divided into three levels, each culminating in an examination. Students may sit for only one CFA examination each year, and must pass each level sequentially, and fulfill other requirements of the programme before earning the right to use the CFA® charter. In general, each level of the CFA programme requires 250 hours of preparation, although the time varies from candidate to candidate based on familiarity with the material. CFA Level I of the programme - which includes a multiple-choice examination - focuses on the tools and concepts of investment valuation and portfolio management. CFA Level II exam consists of item sets and CFA Level III consists of a combination of item sets and essay questions.
CFA Examinations are held annually in June for Levels II and III, and twice a year for Level I in June/December
No exemptions are given by the CFA Institute irrespective of qualifications held. For appeals regarding this, please email email@example.com
Course Contents and Examination Style
Curriculum for CFA Level I focus on tools and concepts that apply to investment valuation and portfolio management, CFA Level II focuses on asset valuation and CFA Level III on portfolio management. Each level also contains material on ethics as it pertains to the practice of investment management.
- Level I examination is by multiple choice questions and places a premium on the ability to recall facts and apply basic concepts and formulas.
- Level II examination comprises item sets (or mini cases), which draw upon concepts and facts studied at both Levels II and I but involves "real world" problems requiring more analysis, calculation and evaluation.
- Level III consists of essay questions and requires students to draw upon concepts learned at Level I and Level II to prepare, support and recommend practical financial solutions.
* Ethical and Professional Standards
* Quantitative Methods
* Financial Statement Analysis
* Corporate Finance
* Analysis of Equity Investments
* Analysis of Debt Investments
* Analysis of Derivatives
* Analysis of Alternative Investments
* Portfolio Management
Requirements for Obtaining CFA® Designation
* Successful completion of three sequential examinations – Levels I, II, III
* Completion of three years of acceptable professional work experience in areas that directly pertain to the financial decision making process
* Compliance with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
* Membership in CFA Institute
This is a professional qualification related to finance. Financial analysts are involved in the process of securities analysis, investment and risk management, investment banking and financial analysis.
FTMS (Part-Time) CFA Classroom Courses
The following CFA classroom courses are available:
(Jan & July intakes)
(Level I - May & November)
(Level II & Level III - May)
FTMS Online courses and CFA study material are available worldwide at www.ftmsonline.com